[OLPC-SF] [Fwd: XO laptop and Sprint Novatel Ovation U720 broadband USB modem]

Sameer Verma sverma at sfsu.edu
Sun Oct 25 22:30:02 EDT 2009

On Sun, Oct 25, 2009 at 6:14 PM, Tane' Tachyon <tachyon at tachyonlabs.com> wrote:
> Tane' Tachyon wrote:
>
>> I thought I'd try asking about this here as well.
>
> OK, solved -- when I tried this advice from the bottom of the wiki
> article mentioned
>
>    In case you were initially connected to other network, you might
>    need to add the DNS address manually to  /etc/resolv.conf file as
>    nameserver <DNS address> to connect to internet.
>
> now I'm able to access web pages despite having gotten some error
> messages from those commands  -- it's really cool to see this
> working!

Thanks for posting the working solution. I had a similar experience in
India last year. I had to enter the DNS machines by hand and then it
all went well. Amazing indeed.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/olpc/3011271206/in/set-72157608738164746/

cheers,
Sameer
--
Dr. Sameer Verma, Ph.D.
Associate Professor, Information Systems