[OLPC-SF] Fwd: Announcing GuruFest: Come hear from OLPC experts, kicking off this Friday with Mel Chua

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 04:16:19 EDT 2009

FYI.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Colin Zwiebel <computercolin at gmail.com>
Date: 2009/3/8
Subject: Announcing GuruFest: Come hear from OLPC experts, kicking off
this Friday with Mel Chua
To: devel at lists.laptop.org

Starting this Friday, the Olin College OLPC Chapter is kicking off
GuruFest. We are fortunate enough to have several several OLPC experts
lined up to give lectures/lessons to our OLPC chapter. We would like
to open this event to the OLPC community at large. Come join us as we
hear the experiences of our OLPC gurus and learn new skills.

Our first guest is Mel Chua who will be telling us about software
testing in a talk entitled:
Community Facilitation and QA: "getting people excited and breaking things"

For more information, directions, and a schedule of upcoming Guru's,
check out gurufest.org

--Help Spread GuruFest--
GuruFest is a community run event. We need your help to get the word
out. Do you participate in a local OLPC community group? Do you work
with people would be interested in OLPC? Shoot me (
colin.zwiebel at students.olin.edu ) an email. I have a some lovely
GuruFest postcards that  need to get passed around.