[OLPC-SF] June 12 meeting...

Bruce Baikie bruce at green-wifi.org
Thu Jun 11 01:53:32 EDT 2009

Sameer

Hello from Rwanda!

Sorry to miss the meeting this coming weekend as I am in Kigali working
with OLPC and their new initiative OLPCorps.

OLPC has selected  about 80 students from 30 universities, about 1/2
from the USA and the others from Europe & Africa.  Each group gets 100
XO laptops, assorted hardware, a $10,000 stipend, and 10-day training in
Kigali, Rwanda before sent out to schools across Africa.  The first day
focus the workshop was on repair and re-flashing of the OS on the XO's.

I have been able to help advise many of the teams on power and wifi
connectivity issues before they head to their selected school.

Best
Best regards
Bruce