[OLPC-SF] several responses

Sameer Verma sverma at sfsu.edu
Tue Aug 11 12:03:02 EDT 2009

Hello everybody,

Something in our multimillion dollar taxpayer-funded space heaters (aka IBM
Lotus Notes-based e-mail servers) at SF State held up a whole bunch of my
e-mails, so I'm getting hot-potatoed right now.

Here are several responses.

1) We will have two meetings: 15th August in Sunnyvale at Linux Picnix event
(http://www.linuxpicnic.org/twiki/bin/view/Picnix18/). Begins at 11am,
although as Ed Cherlin indicated, help is needed for setup, so show up
early. Also, let him know if you will be bringing your XOs. Do RSVP for the
event
http://www.linuxpicnic.org/twiki/bin/view/Picnix18/WebHome#Are_you_coming_to_Picn_x_18_Plea

2) We will also meet on the 22nd in the usual location in SF (tentative, but
confirmed soon). This meeting will have a full presentation from the South
Africa team.

3) Carol Ruth Silver will talk to us about her adventures in India and
Afghanistan in September (12th, I think).

4) Those of you who plan on driving from SF or other areas and are willing
to provide a ride, please speak up on the list.

cheers,
Sameer
--
Dr. Sameer Verma, Ph.D.