[OLPC-SF] [support-gang] plz test Build 802 - Candidate Release 8.2.1!

Sameer Verma sverma at sfsu.edu
Wed Apr 29 22:32:09 EDT 2009

On Wed, Apr 29, 2009 at 5:52 PM, Sameer Verma <sverma at sfsu.edu> wrote:
> FYI. A new official signed build of the software is out. If you are
> interested in testing, please see the e-mail below. The instructions
> are for the USB stick method.
>
> Sameer

If you are planning on upgrading:

1) Its a clean wipe/install.
2) Once the upgrade is done (you may go through a couple of reboots
with a smiley/sad face, but don't panic...let it go through reboot
cycles) you won't see any activities. It will automatically ask to do
a software update. Well, you can't do an update because you won't be
online (remember, this is a clean/fresh install). So, cancel out of
the software upgrade, go to Neighborhood, select your Wi-Fi access
point, get online, and then go to the Control Panel and click on
Software Update. The activities will get installed.

Hope this helps.

Sameer