[OLPC-SF] meetings...

Sameer Verma sverma at sfsu.edu
Thu May 8 15:48:27 EDT 2008

Hi all,
Meetings are fun, mostly because they allow for social interaction
beyond e-mail, IRC and Wiki talk pages! Spring semester at SF State is
coming to an end, and I am not sure if we will be able to support summer
meetings on campus (my own availability is slim). We have had a few
suggestions to rotate meetings. Here are the efforts I know of:

SF State's Romberg Tiburon Center is a possibility.  We got an
invitation from Chris Raleigh (on this list), who works at SF State's
Romberg Tiburon Center for Environmental Studies (http://rtc.sfsu.edu/)
<http://rtc.sfsu.edu/>. Chris is interested in using his XO laptop to
gather environmental data. Maybe he can show us around?

Gerald Baron (on this list) has been trying to get space in Berkeley.
Possible locations are UC campus, Starbucks, Pizzeria, etc.

I asked the Google team at LugRadio about a Google-hosted meeting. They
said, we need a host. A Google employee who is willing to sponsor the
meeting and be there during the event. Anyone know of such people/avenues?

Someone of the PenLUG suggested a PenLUG hosted meeting in Foster Cirty
or Redwood Shores area.

Any other ideas? Suggestions?

Sameer

--