[OLPC-SF] March 15 OLPC meet at SF State

Sarah Mei sarahmei at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 15:31:13 EDT 2008

Sorry I missed the meetup!

My project to turn my XO into a development machine in ongoing. I've
installed everything I need for Rails development, but now I find
myself in need of an alternate, more programmer-friendly window
manager. Not being a linux sysadmin type, I'm not sure what to look
at. One of the guys I met at SHDH last month from this list (and my
apologies, I am awful with names) was using ... screen? It was a
text-based manager but he could launch Firefox - and that's pretty
much all I need for web development.

Any suggestions? Can I unintall Sugar completely, and/or make it not
the default window manager?

I will be at LUGRadio next month, probably only one day out of the
two, since it's the same weekend as the Cherry Blossom Festival. If
there is a particular day you need volunteers, let me know.

Sarah