[OLPC-SF] June meeting items...

Sameer Verma sverma at sfsu.edu
Wed Jun 18 08:40:52 EDT 2008

Robert Howard wrote:
> 1. I would like to demonstrate using the XO for VOIP. ( A number of
> people using attended, this weekend, the OLPC conference in New York
> via VOIP).  This will take coordination with people on Anna's  server
> that are using here VOIP server.  We have been experimenting with
> teamspeak for proof of concept.  We are planning on moving to an open
> source VOIP server soon, now that we have a baseline set of data to
> compare to and  understand some of the issues involved..

Hi Robert,

I think we should have access via the mesh network+school server, or at
the very least direct Wi-Fi access from the XO  itself. What else would
you need?

> 2. Using XO as a light weight WEB server.

This would be neat. What packages do you intend to use? Perhaps a list
of packages and a short HowTo would be useful.

> 3. Man pages for the XO using elinks.

Sure. Why not. As long as you are presenting on other topics, we can
address this one too. Wow, the agenda is filling up really well :-)

Sameer

--
Dr. Sameer Verma, Ph.D.
San Francisco State University