[OLPC-SF] Jabber

rihoward1 at gmail.com rihoward1 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 10:52:44 EDT 2008

On Jun 4, 2008, at 3:17 AM, Edward Cherlin wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 3:21 PM,  <rihoward at rawbw.com> wrote:
>> Quoting Edward Cherlin <echerlin at gmail.com>:
>> Edward,
>>
>> Please DO NOT add this jabber server to
>> http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Community_Jabber_Servers . Adding it to
>> the list
>> without asking the owner would be the ultimate in rudeness.
>
> I meant somebody who actually knows the setup. Preferably Anna, in
> fact. (Can somebody forward this to her?) I'm certainly not doing it.

I spoke with Anna last night.  She definitely does not want her
jabber ip published on the OLPC wiki.
Please re-read the next  paragraph.

>> This is Anna's
>> personal test and development system. She was kind enough to say
>> that the
>> OLPC-SF group could access it, as long as we do not overwhelm it,
>> as there is
>> not a jabber system in the SF Bay area. If you read the
>> information at her web
>> site you would realize it is a minimal hardware setup and would
>> easily be
>> overwhelmed. In return for using it please share info with her
>> regarding the XS.

>>> Is there a Web page for that deployment? Some of us would like to
>>> know
>>> how it is progressing.

I have already provided you the information for getting in touch with
her.  Any thing she tells you would be in confidence as she is not
authorized to put out publicity releases.  Anna is working very hard
with limited support to get the XOs and XS servers deployed.