[OLPC-SF] Jabber

Robert Howard rihoward at rawbw.com
Tue Jun 3 12:52:21 EDT 2008

There is a jabber server in Birmingham Alabama that is an
experimental server run by Anna, who is the tech person for the
deployment in the Birmingham, AL.  I take part in the jabber sessions
there.  There are mix of people of various backgrounds and ages from
around the country and Canada using it.

She has told me it is okay for OLPC-SF people to use it.  Also she
would like to exchange information with others that have set up the XS .

Her jabber IP is 65.5.225.206
To see if it is up http://65.5.225.206

Please do not abuse it, and use common courtesy.  Join a chat and
introduce your self.

By the way when I have time I am planning on setting up a jabber
server, but probably will not use it myself as I am hooked on the
eclectic community that has formed around Anna's server.

regards,

Robert Howard

On Jun 2, 2008, at 9:35 PM, Edward Cherlin wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 2, 2008 at 3:44 AM, Sameer Verma <sverma at sfsu.edu> wrote:
>> Edward Cherlin wrote:
>>> Does anybody have the resources to set up a Jabber server so that we
>>> can all connect our XOs to each other? For an explanation of the
>>> service and how to set one up, see
>>>
>>> http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/
>>> How_to_connect_Sugar_to_a_Jabber_network
>>> http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/
>>> A_list_of_Jabber_networks_around_the_world