[OLPC-SF] OLPC-SF December 13 meeting

Sameer Verma sverma at sfsu.edu
Sat Dec 6 14:18:07 EST 2008

http://opensource.sfsu.edu/node/592

What: OLPC-SF December 2008 meeting

Come on down to SF State's downtown San Francisco campus for a get together.

* Joachim Pedersen will give us a live demo of taking apart an XO in
the hopes that some of you will join him in the newly-formed XO repair
center. Want to take apart (and put back together) your XO? Bring a
Philips screwdriver!
* Robert Howard will share his insights into the new multicast model
for updating a whole bunch of XOs (such as in a school environment)
over the network.
* I'll share my notes from a recent trip to the mother ship, i.e. 1CC
(1 Cambridge Center, OLPC headquarters).
* I'll also do a short update on the school server component which is
starting to get features steadily.
* Of course, bring your XOs and we'll help you update them to the new
8.2 release.

When: Saturday, Dec 13, 2008.

* 10 am to 2 pm

Where: Room 553, SF State Downtown campus (835 Market St., San
Francisco,CA, 94103). Note that this location is NOT the main campus.
This is the same building as the new Westfield mall that houses
Bloomingdale's. Look for the SFSU banner on Market St. between 4th and
5th streets, right next to Walgreens. Take the elevator to the 5th
floor.

* By car: http://www.sfsu.edu/~parking/directions/downtown_center/car.html
* By Muni: http://www.sfsu.edu/~parking/directions/downtown_center/muni.html
* By BART: http://www.sfsu.edu/~parking/directions/downtown_center/bart.html