[OLPC-SF] Will An XO -1 Take Sugar 8.2.0?

Sameer Verma sverma at sfsu.edu
Fri Dec 5 14:16:24 EST 2008

On Fri, Dec 5, 2008 at 10:44 AM, Hoover Chan <chan at sacredsf.org> wrote:
> FWIW, I just received a g1g1 from the Amazon.com channel. Came with an older system (update 1, build 708). Had trouble latching on to my hidden WiFi network environment and eventually had to get a USB ethernet adapter to get on to the Internet in order to successfully update everything to current levels. A BIG change.

Indeed. If your network does not work, you can always do an upgrade by
downloading the files on a USB stick and then update it offline. See
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Olpc-update#Simple_offline_upgrade

> Now able to use wireless. Starting to learn how to use the application software. Looking for the online help screens on the laptop since there doesn't seem to be any printed stuff.

Here's a great manual which is a free download or you can buy a
printed copy. http://www.lulu.com/content/3865497

Sameer
--
Dr. Sameer Verma, Ph.D.