[OLPC-SF] updates from LUGRadio event

Sameer Verma sverma at sfsu.edu
Thu Apr 24 14:06:12 EDT 2008

Hi,
I've been meaning to send out updates for a while, but got busy with
other things.

LUGRadio live was a fun event and I'd like to thank all those who were
able to help out at the table, including our friends from SF-LUG. Our
table was next to theirs. We had cool XO laptops, while they had Ubuntu
Satanic Edition :-)

On Saturday, even before we got to SF Metreon, Joachim Pedersen and I
planned and got onto the same BART train, but different coaches. Then,
we set up a mesh on the train while it screeched through the tunnels of
San Francisco, hurtling down towards Powell St. Station. It worked
beautifully! We got chat to work across the mesh. We were stationary
(sitting in our seats) but the train was moving...sorta hybrid mobile
mesh ;-)

Day one was more involving with larger crowds. We also got some real
user of XO - kids - who showed up with their own XO. Its safe to say
that the OLPC-SF was one of the busiest tables at the event.

Day two was slower with smaller crowds. The talks were spread across
both days, so the crowd seemed to come in based on the topics.

We took lots of pictures.
http://joachimp.fotki.com/events/olpcevents/20080412lugradio/ and
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sverma/sets/72157604538841315/

I'll send updates on the next meeting shortly.

Sameer

--
Dr. Sameer Verma, Ph.D.
San Francisco State University