[OLPC-Philippines] [allan.reprogram for the speech-impaired or mute for Sugar...

Gary Kline kline at thought.org
Mon Jan 7 22:23:00 EST 2013

	Folks,

	please excuse me for this 100-line forward from Allan Registos,
	but if you can read thru it, it will save my dislocated shoulder
	from even worse injury.

	the nutshell of my inquiry is how-to-have my voice-by-computer
	program added to Sugar.  I have been working on VBC for several
	years.  I have used early versions of this program to help me
	communicate with my friends, fellow programmers, as well as members
	of my llibrary group.

	I recently finished an early version that is for English speakers
	who are mute or have impaired speech.  In recent years I was in
	touch with people at laptop.org who said they were very much
	interested in a program for the speech impaired.

	VBC is done (( well, modulo documentation and finishing touches)).
	RAther that release it to the greater world in the BSD or Linux
	{or the Android OS}, I would prefer seeing that my program debut
	on Sugar.

	I began programming 35 years ago, earned my BSEE from Berkeley
	in 1982, and have written several small-scale programs for the
	Berkeley Software Distribution. All free and most with Gnu's
	Copyleft.  VBC should help thousands of students who cannot
	speak or speak clearly communicate with anyone.  VBC runs on
	virtually all variant of UNIX.  As is, it works well enough
	for a first-draft release.

	If there is any interest at your end, do get in touch with me
	at   kline at thought.org

	gary kline

----- Forwarded message from "Allan E. Registos" <allan.registos at smpc.steniel.com.ph> -----