[OLPC-Philippines] Occidental Mindoro Initiative

Cherry Withers cwithers at ekindling.org
Wed Feb 8 13:06:09 EST 2012

Hi All,

Big developments this week! The Provincial Government of Occidental Mindoro
has launched it's 550 (2:1) OLPC Initiative benefiting
10 municipality schools in the region. It's been a long prep for this
community with Team eKindling members: Tessa Yuvienco, Mitch Seaton and
Jerome Gotangco doing the
the multiple teacher training and visits last year. It would not be
possible without the Governor Sato and her team doing the heavy lifting in
getting the funds and laptops to the hands of the children.

Special thanks to our hardworking team lead Tessa for pouring hours of her
personal time to assist OM's project team throughout this journey!

It literally took a community to get this going and it will take a
community to keep it going. Assistance came not just from student
volunteers in
Occidental Mindorro but the global OLPC community as a whole. We had people
assisting OM Project Team members on their technical questions
as far as Australia and Haiti. If you think you can help, however small you
think it is... email us: community at ekindling.org

Some news and photos but more to come:

Laptop Prep:
http://www.ekindling.org/?p=545