[OLPC-Philippines] OLPC Project Inquiry

Tessa Yuvienco tyuvienco at ekindling.org
Tue Dec 18 17:59:57 EST 2012

Hi Ms. Zamora,

Your inquiry has been forwarded by a team of volunteers from
olpc-philippines at lists.laptop.or <olpc-philippines at lists.laptop.org>g.

Let me briefly introduce our non-profit organization, Ekindling, which is
based in Quezon City Philippines.

We are not an affiliate of OLPC, nor OLPC Philippines, but OLPC
Headquarters recognizes Ekindling (Education Kindling) as the organization
that designs the education program using OLPC's XO laptops. Currently, we
are in partnership with the Provincial Government of Occidental Mindoro and
Procter & Gamble in their e.Studyante Program in Manuel L. Quezon
Elementary School, Tondo Manila. These 2 entities are the funders of the
OLPC Program in the said areas and Ekindling provides the ICT for Education
training support and instructional design.

Let us know how Ekindling could help your organization in deploying  OLPC
Program to your community or target school/s.

You could easily reach me through this email address and mobile phone
number at   +639178383892 <%2B639178383892>. You could also visit our
website: www.ekindling.org, which is being updated currently.

Wishing you the best this Holiday season!

--
Tessa Vergara-Yuvienco
Co-Founder, Education Director

On 6 Dec, 2012, at 11:33 AM, "Jane Louie F. Zamora" <jlfzamora at gmail.com>
wrote:

> To whom it may concern:
>
> My name is Louie Zamora and I have been part of this mailing list for
years now since I started hearing about this wonderful project. I am an
information science student by profession and I have been wanting to do
something for this small time school in my hometown since OLPC project
existed. I want to ask how should I begin with the process of providing
digital education to these elementary school kids.