[OLPC-Philippines] Community update this Sunday, 9pm (EST) and win a red XO Laptop!

Ryan Onell Letada rletada at ekindling.org
Fri Mar 4 20:48:20 EST 2011

Hello community,

Join us for an exciting community
update<http://lists.sugarlabs.org/archive/iaep/2011-March/012683.html>this
Sunday, March 6th at 9pm (EST) via conference call (details below).
Learn about our progress in the Philippines, cool projects and insights into
our community building approach! This would also be a wonderful opportunity
for the eKindling team to answer any of your questions.

Lastly, did I mention participants will also get a chance to win an
oh-so-cool, rare RED XO laptop? You have to be present at the meeting and be
prepared to answer our soon-to-be released Philippines trivia question. Stay
posted!

Below is a message from OLPC HQ's Community Organizer, Adam Holt!

So excited,

Ryan

Organic community edutech growth is not a mere slogan in the Philippines,
thanks to Ryan Letada (Exec Director of eKindling) bringing an exciting
update for us this Sunday, explaining the exceptional progress this
community organization is building out.  Remember: the Philippines
practically invented the term "people power" in 1986, during the
Marcos-to-Aquino nonviolent revolution -- exactly 25 years prior to the Arab
World discovering the same:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/People_Power_Revolution

Volunteers/projects globally will learn important insights from these
devoted Filipinos' experiences -- and directly get involved if you too want
to help them build civil society, starting right here:

http://olpcmap.net/?go=southeast_asia

Beyond eKindling's strongest volunteer successes you may already know about:

http://educationkindling.wordpress.com

http://twitter.com/ekindling

Not to give away Ryan's entire talk (and "Filipino Factoids" you will be
asked to answer if you want to win a Red XO!) but going forward, eKindling
is in fact looking at integrating mapping into its actual core curriculum,
expanding upon the innovation in Uganda's http://mapuganda.blogspot.com

How refreshing that an entire country might take seriously the idea we "Help
kids everywhere map their world, at http://olpcMAP.net
<http://olpcmap.net/>!" interweaving deep in-school learning across an
entire country's cultural

fabric./

Please join us Sunday March 6th, 9PM EST on the usual number to find out
more -- RSVP if possible!

+1 866 213-2185    or    +1 609 454-9914

 Access Code: 1671650#

Live Chat Backchannel:

http://forum.laptop.org/chat

(that's #olpc-help on irc.freenode.net)