[OLPC-Philippines] OLPC XO-1 being listed in TipidPC.com, hopefully not from Contributor's program

Marife Mago marife.mago at gmail.com
Wed Jan 12 11:57:27 EST 2011

Hi Jerome,

I hope this is not.. this is not good not only for the cause but for us
Filipinos.  We have a couple of contributors program that's been approved
and never heard about them.

Do you have a way of exploring this? Just to find out...the quote 'I bought
it  from a former OLPC pinoy developer' we don't have much XO floating
around aside from the Contributors Program...well not that I know of.

Thanks for bringing this up.

On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 9:53 AM, jgotangco at gmail.com <jgotangco at gmail.com>wrote:

> http://tipidpc.com/viewitem.php?iid=8325286
>

> The listing said: "hard to find collector's item. i bought it from a
> former OLPC pinoy developer last December 2010."
>
> I hope this is not a unit that came from the Contributor's Program.
> Even if this is an old XO-1 unit, the Contributor's Program is built
> on trust and contribution. Therefore it is not ethical to sell
> something that was entrusted to the recipient with the hope that the
> free laptop program will result into something good.
>

> Jerome G.
> http://gotangco.com

Cheers,
@marife