[OLPC-Philippines] [olpc-nz] Tagalog. Was: Twi translation

jgotangco at gmail.com jgotangco at gmail.com
Thu Sep 2 19:45:18 EDT 2010

On Fri, Sep 3, 2010 at 7:28 AM, Cherry Withers <cwithers at ekindling.org> wrote:
> Thanks Tabitha and Brenda! Filipino is the standardized form so Filipino is
> fine. Actually English is a second language in the Philippines so although
> there's been some translation effort there hasn't been too big of a push. If
> you can find people to work on it, that will be great.

This is reflective of a lot of open source projects translated here in
the Philippines. Since there is no immediate market, some consider it
as a novelty rather than a necessity. Probably because we are not
burdened with language that does not require a different kind of
encoding.

Some of the translations in Sugar came from me but I can't recall if I
committed it to FIL or TL. Most if not all FOSS projects with a local
translation are in TL.

Jerome