[OLPC-Philippines] Fwd: Announcing Google Code-in

Cherry Withers cwithers at ekindling.org
Mon Oct 11 16:20:13 EDT 2010

Hi Folks,

Please spread the word!

---Cherry

Hi there,

You're receiving this email because you expressed interest in our Google
Code-in contest. The contest is officially announced: http://google
-opensource.blogspot.com/2010/10/google-code-in-schools-out-codes-in.html This
is a contest modelled on the success of our pilot program the GoogleHighly
Open Participation Contest that was run in 2007-08. We will again be giving
13-18 year old students around the world an opportunity to get involved with
open source projects doing tasks ranging from documentation to outreach to
coding programs.

We’re looking forward to a fun contest this year and hope you’ll consider
spreading the word to friends, family, students, and colleagues about the
program. Please check out the timeline [0] for more details on the program.

We encourage you to join the Google Code-in contest discussion list [1] and
announcement list [2].

Please see our blog post [3] for further details and contact me directly if
you have specific questions that aren’t answered in the FAQs [4].

[0] - http://code.google.com/opensource/gci/2010-11/faqs.html#tlq1
[1] - http://groups.google.com/group/gci-discuss
[2] - http://groups.google.com/group/gci-announce
[3] - http://google-opensource.blogspot.com/2010/10/google-code-in