[OLPC-Philippines] [OLPC-SF] Pilot update from the field

Tessa Yuvienco tyuvienco at ekindling.org
Tue Jul 20 04:44:37 EDT 2010

Hi Cherry,

Yes, I will ask Ms. Riza about the topics they'll be covering starting 2nd
quarter.

I checked the links in the reconprimer and so far I saw two sets of drills.
I was wondering if they've prepared some situational problems where the
basic math concepts are applied. What's common among our Math textbooks here
in the Philippines are the worksheet/drill features. The real-life
situational problem-solving sections are limited. Hence, kids are so
"drilled" with the formula. They don't get to appreciate the mathematical
concepts. They don't see the relevance of the theories in their lives.

This could be one of the areas that I'd ask the UP Computer Science students
to explore.

My two cents,
Tessa