[OLPC-Philippines] Thank you to Muscovado Team!

Cherry Withers cwithers at ekindling.org
Sat Apr 24 21:53:04 EDT 2010

Hi All,

Before my internet connection drops me again, I'd like to thank our other
partners at Asia Pacific College.
Thank you Muscovado Team! I did a 2 day crash course on Etoys with a
different set of teachers.

Just a quick background: The Muscovado project is a content development
drive with partnership between
eKindling and Asia Pacific College and three other colleges and high schools
around the area. It involves participants
from different levels of education. College teachers are going to mentor
high school kids to develop content for elementary school
children (mainly our pilot class in Lubang). The high school students will
learn Scratch and Etoys for their content
development while instructional design will be guided and researched by the
college teachers in subjects
Math, Science and English. This is a year long contest starting this school
year in June and ending in April.

Funding was granted by CHED (Commission on Higher Education). They are going
to supply 30 laptops to
90 Highschool students (3 students/laptop, with SoaS for all 90 students).
On-going training by eKindling will be
done online and on a Moodle site.

For this training, I'd like to thank :

Dr. Tan - thank you for taking the time-off of your busy day to meet me.
That was so welcoming of you!

Ms. Bernie - I'm thanking her for the extra pounds of weight that I gained
on my two days training there. I was well fed. Thank you for taking care of
documentation and everything else while Tessa and I were there.

Mr. Ray Baquirin - for being the main drivers for the project! My daughter
was so excited to see the certificate. She said she was so proud of me. :-)
Thank you for making things extra special.

Ms. Tata Medado - she was so gracious and so accommodating. Thank you for
your incites on our education system. So eye opening and gives me all the
more reason to work hard.

Looking forward to further supporting this project and other education
initiatives in the Philippines.

Grateful,
Cherry