[OLPC-Philippines] Thank you for all the help!

Cherry Withers cwithers at ekindling.org
Sat Apr 24 18:46:08 EDT 2010

Hi All,

On behalf of eKindling, I just want to send a heartfelt thank you for those
who helped during the training and our stay in Lubang.

Ms. Ana Banaag - who helped document the training as well as getting us
materials for the training. She also endured long hours of travel to and
from Lubang (getting pummeled by salt water on our way back and having our
car broke down for a couple of hours and she still had a ready smile...such
dedication!).

Ate Karen and Kuya Ray Morales - They're so on top of things! They helped
straighten out all the meals and travel plans for our participants. They
also arranged for our travel plans to and from Lubang and just took care of
all our needs.

Kiran - our new eKindling member. She's a wealth of information regarding
instructional design. She also kept the children entertained on some parts
of the training. Thank you for being at the Muscovado training as well and
helping out with the teachers there.

Hamilton Chua - he took the time off of his busy family business to teach
the XS and Moodle! He did an amazing job teaching. He's continuing his
support after the training. For that,  we are ever grateful.

Mrs. Susan Abaya, Meg Simpson and NCC alumni and staff - not only did they
tirelessly fund raise to make this project a reality but they also
graciously catered to our participants during our training in NCC. They sent
an amazing afternoon "snack" fit for 1000000 people during our last training
day. :-) Thank you for the amazing dinner with our eKindling volunteers and
the warm company and such fun stories of their old boss.

Mayor Sanchez - for such a warm welcome in Lubang even in the midst of his
busy schedule. He also provided for our needs in Lubang and really nice
celebratory lunch with everyone. Thank you for inspiring such a great group
of people at NCC (and now people of Lubang) that they are now making their
own positive changes for our country.

Hope I didn't forget anyone. Still going through jet lag. Can't wait to see
everyone again next year!

Grateful,
Cherry Withers