[OLPC-Philippines] Greetings from IGDA Manila

Ryan Sumo endlessthirteen at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 9 01:18:44 EDT 2010

Thanks Cherry, Naz,

I'm kicking myself now for not getting in touch with you guys sooner. :P  Yes I do believe it was Paolo Jara who I met a year ago.  At the time he was saying something about giving out OLPCs to any developer that wanted to make a game for it.  Does this offer still stand, or do you have any other programs like this? Ultimately I think it would be great to have a little competition of some sort for local game devs to make educational games, but to be honest I'm still tired from organizing the manila game jam last January.  Perhaps there are ways we can integrate it into upcoming events with GDAP/IGDA.

I'm very interested in knowing more about Cherry's course on etoys, though I'm not sure what what you mean by APC (Asia Pacific College?).  I'm actually not a programmer myself but I would be happy to spread the word to our members about it.

Cheers,Ryan Sumo
freelance artist/IGDA Manila chairperson
portfolio - http://ryansumo.carbonmade.com/
blog - http://geekofalltrades.wordpress.com/
IGDA Manila forum - http://tinyurl.com/igdamanila