[OLPC-Philippines] eKindling Update 3: eKindling Blog, Y4iT, OLPC.tv

Jerome Gotangco jgotangco at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 11:17:26 EDT 2009

On Thu, Sep 24, 2009 at 3:31 PM, Esther Jeong <estrella.ej at gmail.com> wrote:
> SOFTWARE FREEDOM DAY
> On September 19, 2009, Jerome Gotangco and Rowen Iral represented eKindling
> and One Laptop Per Child at the Software Freedom Day event (SFD), which took
> place at the National Computer Center in Quezon City. In addition to
> participating in the global celebration of SFD, the duo increased awareness
> about eKindling’s mission, OLPC and Sugar. Five visitors even requested to
> convert the USBs into SoaS and we were also noticed by a GMA news reporter!
> Check out pictures from this event at:
> http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=125367&id=647446399&l=b65bb97a08

Hi Esther,

Thanks for the comprehensive update. I'll make sure to upload the
other pictures when I'm back.

On a side note, I'm also going to check with the Bluepoint Foundation
for tips on educating technology for teachers from their TULAY program
experiences. Check http://bluepoint.com.ph/index.php?category=tulay
for more details about TULAY. It could be helpful for teachers that
would be supporting OLPC and Sugar deployments in the future.

--
Cheers,

Jerome