[OLPC-Philippines] eKindling: we need your help!

Ryan Letada rletada at ekindling.org
Wed Sep 23 05:55:38 EDT 2009

Hello all,

In OLPC laptop deployments across the globe, the same problem seems to
reoccur - after some time, the child looses interest, and the XO laptop is
stored away to collect dust.  This is one challenge that we need to address
as we deploy the OLPC project in the Philippines. At eKindling, we
understand that simply giving a child a laptop is not enough. We need to
ensure that children use the XO laptop for its maximum educational
potential.

In the past months, eKindling has spent a great deal of time discussing the
challenges we face in deploying a pilot program and growing our
organization.  So, we REALLY need your help! Over the next few weeks, we
will begin to ask for help from the community in tackling the immediate
challenges we face, which includes growing our capacity, crafting our
educational approach, fundraising, developing our communication tools, etc.
 Simply put… GET INVOLVED!!!

While we have achieved so much over the past few months, with your help, I
am sure we will accomplish even more.

We look forward to working with you in bringing One Laptop Per Child to the
Philippines,

Ryan L.

eKindling Team

www.ekindling.org