[OLPC-Philippines] OLPC and Sugar at Software Freedom Day - details

Jerome Gotangco jgotangco at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 23:32:16 EDT 2009

Hi all,

We're all set for tomorrow's Software Freedom Day celebration at the
National Computer Center in Quezon City! Myself and Rowen have already
committed to set up the community booth, but if you'd like to join,
please let me know!

Here are the details of our participation as a community:

- 2 units OLPC XO-1 machines running Sugar
- 1 laptop to serve as Sugar burning station
- Perhaps some product info sheets. I've yet to print some though.
- sign-up sheet to invite them to join the mailing list

We will be able to create SoaS on USB sticks to be brought by
attendees so they can try out Sugar at home. I also have an image of
the CD helper in case SoaS would be used to computers that are not
able to boot to USB.

It would be great if someone can join and volunteer to bring:

- netbook that can boot to USB so we can run SoaS
- more XO units

See you all tomorrow!

--
Cheers,