[OLPC-Philippines] Evaluations of OLPC programs worldwide

rayb at apc.edu.ph rayb at apc.edu.ph
Sat Jun 20 09:29:54 EDT 2009

Hi, Ryan,

Thanks for this!
------------------------------
>Hey guys,
>
>Some interesting reads..
>
>   1. Evaluation of OLPC programs worldwide:
>   http://wiki.laptop.org/images/f/fb/Literature_Review_040309.pdf
My take-away from this is that evaluation should be built-in to the project plan.

>   2. Evaluation of OLE Nepal:
>   http://blog.olenepal.org/index.php/archives/321
Seems to underline the need for teacher-training and preparation of teaching materials.

>   3. Evaluation of Teaching Matters approach with the OLPC [Harlem]:
>   http://www.teachingmatters.org/evaluations/olpc_kappa.pdf
Excellent evaluation, and brings out the success factors for a pilot project, including choice of school, involvement of parents and teachers, clear educational objectives and lots of support from the project proponents.

>Check it out,
>
>Ryan

Ray