[OLPC-Philippines] Reminder: meeting in 10 minutes

Mel Chua mel at melchua.com
Sun Jun 14 08:56:02 EDT 2009

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/OLPC_Philippines/Meetings has connection
information, and an agenda. See you folks there soon!

Since I'm likely to have to leave early (I have a ride that will be
heading out sooner than I expected), some notes:

for point #1, Introductions: I'm Mel. This is what I do:
(http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/User:Mchua#Interests) and this is what
I've worked on in the past: http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/User:Mchua,
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/User:Mchua, and most recently
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Mchua.

for point #4, Deployments: http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Boston_pilots = for
information on the pilot layout here in Boston; Sandeep (and possibly
others) already know quite a bit about it.

for point #5, scheduling the next meeting: I'm willing to talk whenever
people would like (my schedule is generally super-flexible) and I'd also
be interested in learning more about the school experience in the
Philippines (how are students taught, what's the classroom culture like,
how are teachers trained, how are schools evaluated, are there
standardized tests, etc) and also DepEd (how decisions usually get made,
how people get elected, etc) and however else things tend to happen in
schools (are there a lot of PTAs,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parent-Teacher_Association?)

See y'all there.

--Mel