[OLPC-Philippines] All-hands online meeting: the backstory

Mel Chua mel at melchua.com
Mon Jun 8 18:56:00 EDT 2009

And more...

(I'm realizing that this forwarding isn't filling in all the gaps, but
at least it gives you some context to ask questions from in case I'm
really missing something that you want to know!)

-------

 > maybe come up with initial stuff in writing as a point of
conversation. What do you say
 > Ryan and Sandeep? Can we come up with a draft of a mission statement
and/or division of
 > labor for each subgroup?

This is a *really* good idea, btw!

 > skills/interests,  we're hoping actual work can start from there.
High level discussion of organization would probably take up most of the
meeting time.

Proposed: that folks who propose/take-on
organizations/titles-of-responsibility also take on concrete,
not-just-managerial tasks to move that responsibility forward. (You seem
to be doing this anyway, so this just sets it as a solid expectation for
newcomers.)

 > questions in a more substantial manner. We can maybe do a seperate
meeting dedicated to the mechanics of launching a pilot/deployment. I
wonder who would be the best person who can host this meeting? *wink*
*wink* *nudge* *nudge* =)

Sure, that's something I can volunteer for at the first meeting. ;)

--Mel