[OLPC-Philippines] Meeting Minutes Posted: Open Talk with Bryan Berry (Kindling Discoveries Series)

Ryan Letada rletada at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 02:28:39 EDT 2009

Hey guys

Thanks to all those who attended the first "Open Talk" of the Kindling
Discoveries Series. Bryan Berry of OLE Nepal definitely shared some great
insights that we will incorporate into our strategy as we move forward. Here
are some of the topics discussed:

   - Building a trusted board of directors
   - Balancing community, openness, and effectiveness
   - Transparency - maintaining community engagement
   - Core Group vs. Loose group of enthusiast
   - Creating Content - Starting with Activity Text, Teacher Notes, and
   Lesson Plan
   - Creating content with HTML and Java
   - Working with average PH schools, rather than model schools
   - Out of 2000 laptops deployed in Nepal, none has been stolen

We definitely had a rich conversation. For the meeting minutes, click:
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Bryan_Berry_-_Meeting_Minutes. I hope you can join
us on our next Open Talk, and if you have any questions or suggestions,
please email us at community at ekindling.org

More to come in the near future,

Ryan Letada
eKindling Team