[OLPC-Philippines] apc4olpc

rayb at apc.edu.ph rayb at apc.edu.ph
Sun Jul 5 09:07:27 EDT 2009

Hi,

I've added Asia Pacific College to the list of potential partners here: http://wiki.laptop.org/go/OLPC_Philippines#Potential_partners .

Actually, we at APC had a meeting last week with Dr. Paulino Tan, our president, and the consensus was that participation in the OLPC project would be a form of community service that plays to our strength as a Center of Excellence for IT Education.  Consequently we are ready to enter into an actual partnership (but I believe that will have to wait for the OLPC Philippines foundation to be set up). We are aiming to do a pilot project, either with XOs or netbooks running Sugar.

So, guys, what should we be doing to bootstrap?  Of the top of my head I can see that we need to get the word out to the wider APC community, prepare a proposal for the Contributor Program and look for teachers to partner with for preparing localized curricular materials. Dr. Tan will also be talking to other potential partners.

Awaiting your words of wisdom,

Ray Baquirin
SoCSIT
Asia Pacific College