[OLPC-Philippines] Agenda & Schedule for Sat

K Villa krvilla at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 13:34:12 EST 2009

Hello, Naz, Jerome and the rest of the OLPCPhils members,
This is Karissa Villa (K Villa/kaffee). As promised, I am mailing you, Naz,
regarding your invite on Saturday's OLPC-Phils meet in Ortigas. I am afraid
I can't make it there in person but would gladly join online.

My interest in the OLPC has been around since I read about Negropnte's
proposal about two years ago.

My interest in providing some technology and computer appreciation to
communities outside of the Metro was strengthened by volunteer work in
Ifugao Province in the last two years, with the prospect of OLPC and the
technologies and systems attached to it, and the success I it has had in
other countries.

I am happy for the formation of OLPC-Philippines as it can surely lend the
use and promotion of understanding open source better to people like myself
trying to re-learn and understand OLPC, its language and its practical
applications.

>> RE: Prof. Randy Pausch's Living Your Wildest Dreams video showing:

I think this is an excellent venue to show the film. I've seen the film and
believe that the entire video runs for more than an hour (approx. 76mins),
so it would be good to schedule it at any point in the Saturday meet-up that
will allow for this much of a break.

Kudos to the organizers of OLPC-Phils and I hope to learn much from the
group.

Regards -

--
|| design communicates / www.east-axis.com ||If the person you are talking
to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has
a small piece of fluff in his ear.|| krvilla.blogspot.com ||
http://www.librarything.com/profile/krvilla || ideography.wordpress.com