[OLPC-Philippines] Visiting fellow

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Mon Jan 26 17:56:21 EST 2009

Carlos Nazareno wrote:
>> We hope to jump
>> on that as soon at its done. Do you work with Moodle?
>
> Have never touched or seen it before, but it looks like the perfect
> solution for a lot of CAI (computer-aided instruction) problems and it
> looks perfect for 1-to-1 computing :)

We've been using Moodle for a while in Nepal.  You can ask for advice
to Bryan Berry, CTO of OLE Nepal, and David Van Assche, a volunteer
with strong Moodle background.

My experience with Moodle is limited to installing and hosting a
public instance on my server in Italy so that David could start
working on it before he could get to Kathmandu.

Our plans were twofold:

 - integrate Moodle with Sugar by making activities available as
   downloadable lesson plans (easier);

 - make Moodle's ordinary lesson plans downloadable and usable
   offline on the laptop (harder);

> So... I hope to mess with it when I get free time.
> (with a bigger team of other developers & educators!)

Let me know.  If there's common interest in doing one of these things
across different deployments, we'd better team up and share the
workload.  Sugar Labs can also offer online collaboration infrastructure.

--
   // Bernie Innocenti - http://www.codewiz.org/
 \X/  Sugar Labs       - http://www.sugarlabs.org/