[OLPC-Philippines] Organization Formation

Cherry Withers cherry.withers at gmail.com
Fri Jan 16 01:04:14 EST 2009

Jumped the gun again. Yes, I was trying to zero in on the mechanics thinking
that you might have already
talked about the focus in some capacity before I joined. I apologize.

"> I suppose one thing I'm trying to ask is what exactly is it that people
> here would like to go for - is it XO machines running Sugar in specific?
> 1-to-1 open-source computing for k-12 education in general? Somewhere in
> between? --Mel

"As for 2) it is much saner as the OLPC XO machine
becomes a means to fulfill the goal, that is promote technology to
education perhaps in various forms, like build software that
corresponds to curriculum, education matching, etc.

I'd go for the latter with the former being the driver which makes it
in between. I still think there is a real benefit of doing things with
Sugar." -Jerome

I agree with Jerome. The latter is what drove me to join. As a larger goal,
I hope that we become a
huge ICT driver in the Philippines to pick up where the government seem
reluctant to pursue.

Cheers,
Cherry