[OLPC-Philippines] OLPC Ph Jan.31 meeting

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Wed Feb 18 08:25:15 EST 2009

Carlos Nazareno wrote:
> For some laptops too, this may not be an option; most laptops I've had
> my hands on have no bios-tinkering screens.

They are usually hidden by a nice looking splash screen, but there's
always a key to drop into the BIOS.  Try the usual F-keys, ESC, DEL...

We might want to create a page with detailed boot instructions for
popular laptop and desktop vendors.

> http://sugarlabs.org/go/Supported_systems/Windows
> http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Sugar_on_Windows
>
> It might take a year or two to make a smooth installer but it would
> really fantastic getting Sugar running sweetly in Windows :)

There are already some very mature Windows installers for Linux that
we might recycle:

  http://goodbye-microsoft.com/
  http://unetbootin.sourceforge.net/

--