[OLPC-Philippines] Curriculum help

Cherry Withers cwithers at ekindling.org
Tue Dec 1 17:10:30 EST 2009

Hi All,

I spoke to a teacher that's also a member of the Squeakland education team.
Her name's Christine M. She's going to the Virgin Islands in late May with
15 of her high school students from an all girls private school. The girls
are going to develop materials for 4th graders using Etoys. I mentioned that
it might be the grade that we will be working with and she said to send them
ideas for her girls to work on as they are very eager to help. Her students
are doing research now and learning Etoys independently. By January they
will put their ideas on ebooks and lesson plans so by May they can just
teach for a week in VI. I told her that we'll work on curriculum design
first then we'll start from there.

Regards,
---Cherry
P.S. I do hope that we get a more detailed curriculum as a baseline than the
Department of Education one that I was able to download off of their
website. That one was only 4 pages long and it looks like a scanned
photocopy of a curriculum that's been used since the 1980s. It is not very
detailed and the 4 pages covered the entire public school curriculum from
1st-6th grade. Crossing my fingers that we'll get a more details from the
Lubang teachers.