[OLPC-Philippines] Announcements: Dr. Fiorello Abenes and Board of Directors

Ryan Letada rletada at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 09:13:19 EDT 2009

Greetings from the eKindling Team!

It is with great pleasure that we announce *Dr. Fiorello Abenes* as the
first member of eKindling's Board of Directors.

Among many of his accomplishments, Dr. Abenes is one of the first prominent
Filipinos in American Academe.  Currently, he is a Fulbright Fellow as well
as a "Balik Scientist" fellow under the DoST, researching the intersection
between bioethonal production and the carabao in the Philippines. He is in
the process of patenting an invention dealing with biofuels. This is just
the beginning of his accomplishments. He has amassed experience in the field
of education, animal science, finance, and business. Please free to google
him :). For his CV, please click:

http://fiorelloabenes.com/resume.aspx
http://fiorelloabenes.com/default.aspx

Dr. Fioerello Abenes is a phenomenal addition to the team. His network
reaches far and wide, especially in the academic and business realms in the
US, Philippines, and other countries around the world. Two of his primary
roles is to help secure funding and craft our educational approach.

Lastly, we hope to cast a wide net in search for other members of
eKindling's Board of Directors. Thus, *we need your help in nominating
candidates*. We hope to create a diverse and balanced board from all sectors
that will help accomplish our mission and vision. More to come :)

Sincerely,

Ryan L.
eKindling Team

PS. Follow us twitter: www.twitter.com/eKindling