[OLPC-Philippines] OLPC and Sugar Philippine community on Software Freedom Day 2009

Jerome Gotangco jgotangco at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 04:26:04 EDT 2009

Hi all,

It's that time of the year again, when Software Freedom Day is about
to happen. Last year, we were able to successfully stage an impromptu
OLPC booth during SFD 2008 at the NCC in Quezon City. This year, we
are invited again as a community to showcase OLPC as a community
project and i have taken the liberty to also focus on Sugar so that we
are able to showcase both the XO-1 laptop and Sugar.

As always, volunteers are welcome to join. If you have an XO-1 laptop
or able to give a demo of Sugar via SoaS or something similar and have
nothing to do on the 19th of September, then join us! Those interested
in the said projects (even if you don't have an XO laptop are also
welcome to join and interact with fellow enthusiasts). If there is a
chance to showcase a beta XO-1.5 machine, we will try (although I was
told distribution won't even start even on September).

Preliminary details at
http://bluepoint.com.ph/index.php?entry=20090803000007 more to follow.

--
Cheers,