[OLPC-Philippines] Sugar on Ubuntu

Jerome Gotangco jgotangco at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 10:50:15 EDT 2008

On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 10:40 PM, Carlos Nazareno <object404 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Will Sugar take over the desktop, or is there an easy way to switch
> between Gnome/KDE and Sugar without messing up your Gnome/KDE system?

The default behavior is that it uses Xephyr
(http://freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/Xephyr) so it runs on top of
GNOME (I haven't tested it with KDE but should work). It's quite handy
especially when just showing Sugar without having an XO unit because
you can actually load activities especially those installed in G1G1
units.

In Ubuntu Intrepid, xf86-video-geode is fully supported so its
actually possible to make any PC, a Sugar powered machine.

--
Jerome G.

Website: http://www.gotangco.com
Blog: http://engage.wordpress.com