[OLPC-Philippines] The XO-1 and OLPC PH featured at Covergence on Net25

Jerome Gotangco jgotangco at gmail.com
Sun Sep 28 11:05:19 EDT 2008

At the last Software Freedom Day event at the NCC in Quezon City, the
Net25 crew took notice of the OLPC PH booth and took some shots and
made a story segment on their "Convergence" show
(http://www.net-25.com/convergence.html) . I saw the feature this
evening and I thought it was pretty well researched and edited
(especially the part when they did a short a short interview with me).
The other features during SFD like the robot and the SFD event itself
was nicely done. I asked someone to record it but was only able to do
it with a digicam and the video was pretty bad. Luckily, the episode
will be replayed again on Oct. 4 (Saturday) at 8PM so I have enough
time to prepare for it and do a better recording. They also have a
livestream on their site but requires WMP, unfortunately I don't have
a Windows machine handy. If everything else fails, I'll ask for a disc
recording and upload it to youtube or vimeo.

Once we have some solid work done by this quarter (like the
re-organization and the site), I'll contact the Net25 crew again as
they would like to see how this initiative evolves.

Jerome G.

Website: http://www.gotangco.com
Blog: http://engage.wordpress.com