[OLPC-Philippines] Laptop content: breaking news: Philippine Cybered

Mj Mendoza IV mjmendoza at ymail.com
Sat Oct 11 08:11:08 EDT 2008

> the government would push through with the $460-million Cyber Education project...
> which targets a total of 37,794 public schools in the next three years with an annual coverage of 13.6 million students.

If OLPC PH is granted with same amount, we could only have a maximum of 2.3M XO-1 units (disregarding any other fees like shipping, etc.) -- or 4.6M if OLPC will allow OLPC PH to acquire the 2 units from G1G1.

Still, 4.6M units would not suffice the number of poor children throughout Philippines.

Even if the distribution and overall output is a success, asking for $460M funding for 4.6M recipients is no match for 13.6M benefited children ("annually").

Perhaps OLPC project is not a viable solution in Philippines after all.

Regards.

Mj Mendoza IV,
Developer, KonsolScript
http://konsolscript.sourceforge.net