[OLPC-Philippines] Pilot Software and Content

James Shields james at marasbaras.com
Sat Oct 11 03:55:14 EDT 2008

>> Digitizing the content is really the next thing to undertake

Absolutely.  Getting some kind of digital reader into the schools (XO, PC,
whatever) that the children can use is a one-time cost.  Updating the
content is then a LOT less expensive.

I would presume that we are aiming primarily at public schools to start.
This is where we find the greatest need.  My son, who also goes to a private
school, uses books created by the school.  The school can afford, based on
the tuition we pay, to create and photocopy these books.

The public schools cannot ... and that's where we really need to help.  Many
of the public school teachers here have to buy materials out of their own
income for the kids.

James