[OLPC-Philippines] OLPC PH next meeting: Oct. 17, 2008 at 8PM PHT.

Jerome Gotangco jgotangco at gmail.com
Fri Oct 10 04:42:59 EDT 2008

2008/10/10 Carlos Nazareno <object404 at gmail.com>:
> Ganito.
>
> Si Melch di pa masyado versed sa Linux.
>
> On Oct. 13, lalabas na dapat yung OS build 8.2.0 final which is the
> one they'll be shipping with the upcoming Nov.17 Give 1 Get 1 OLPC
> program.
>
> Can you USB-clean install Michaelangelo with 8.2.0 final when it comes
> out, install the newer G1G1 activity pack (I think they'll update it
> for 8.2.0), then install Opera 9.60, Flash 10 RC, and Midnight
> commander for Melch?

It's already in 767candidate when the final build comes out, he can
just use olpc-update from the Terminal activity. The G1G1v2 is already
included on the current machine, but if he can wait I can put it on a
clean slate when 8.2.0 is released.

> Also, can you try and help figure out how to install
> gstreamer-plugins-ugly sa 8.2.0 para tumakbo yung sound sa Gnash? Para
> makapag-test din si Melch sa standalone version ng Gnash.
> gstreamer-ffmpeg installs fine sa build 767.

I'll check it this weekend. Usually gstreamer-plugins-ugly contains
codecs that are either 1) proprietary or 2) not exactly ready for
primetime.

> Tapos kayo na lang ni Melch magmeet? (convenient naman kay Melch from his YM).
>
> I'll update the Opera page sa olpc wiki to reflect the newly release
> version 9.60 rpms.
>
> Melch, oks, meetup na lang kayo ni Jerome. Hintayin mo na lang na
> ilabas ng OLPC team yung bagong OS build which should be soon.

Anytime next week, I am in Ortigas. Sorry won't be working from home
for quite a while so Ortigas would be the most convenient place to
meet up.

--
Jerome G.

Website: http://www.gotangco.com