[Olpc-philippines] M$ and OLPC

Sandeep C. sgc0611 at gmail.com
Fri May 16 12:06:44 EDT 2008

Hi All,

As an open source advocate, this news hurts me.

The open source nature of the project's development and it's component
(linux OS) was one of the main reasons for my support of the initiative.
That ideal has now been diluted by the partnership of M$ and OLPC -- two
companies who have determined they need each other to survive in the long
term.

Some of you may feel the same way as I do. However, the good thing is that
Sugar and Linux are still on the OLPC. All is not lost. The momentum for
both is still there. We still move on with our efforts to support the
project.

Thank you.

Cheers,
Sandeep