[OLPC-Philippines] Ubuntu 8.10 on the XO-1

Jerome Gotangco jgotangco at gmail.com
Tue Dec 9 19:46:02 EST 2008

On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 5:02 AM, Carlos Nazareno <object404 at gmail.com> wrote:
> P550 ang 4GB Kingston na MicroSD with full-sized SD-Card adaptor sa CDR-King :D

Yup. But be mindful of the fact that not all SD cards will work. I
have a couple of Sandisk, Apacer, PQI, Kingston stuff here and so far,
the Sandisk 2GB SD and the PQI 4GB SDHC failed to boot because the
card didn't have power from a cold boot. The PQI works after a warm
reboot while the Sandisk 2GB doesn't work at all. Am not able to try
it out with my Kingston microSD card because its only 1GB in size. So
your mileage may vary.

> Hey favor, Jerome: can I send you some benchmarking apps written in Flash?
>
> I'd like to test the speeds/performance of various
> distros/configuration on the XO.
>
> Would it be okay for you to install the latest Opera and Flash 10 plugin too?

I have Opera running but not flash. Give me a list of things to
benchmark and how to do it.

> Let me know if this is alright as it'll help our Flash on the XO project.
>
> Thanks!
>
> -Naz
>
> P.S. did you get the other XO-specific components working? Like how's
> the wifi adaptor and webcam doing? How about the mic?

The kernel used is OLPC specific so the drivers do work. I have the
wifi running with n-m while the webcam works with applications like
Cheese. I haven't tried the mic but others have tested it with skype
with relative success.

Jerome

--
Jerome G.