[Olpc-philippines] Olpc-philippines Digest, Vol 10, Issue 3

Jerome Gotangco jgotangco at gmail.com
Tue Aug 26 00:21:33 EDT 2008

On Mon, Aug 25, 2008 at 5:03 AM, Sandeep C. <sgc0611 at gmail.com> wrote:
> How are we doing with the use cases of the laptops in the educational
> environment? The news from Uruguay and other countries is quite encouraging.
> http://wiki.laptop.org/go/News#Week_of_August_19

Hi Sandeep,

I have no news of any upcoming deployments locally in educational
institutions, although I am told that there are some plans to do a
test pilot to a school in Metro Manila. But the details are still up
in the air. I asked Rowen to do a presentation and bring some units to
jumpstart local community involvement anew.

By the way, here are some pictures of the OLPC presentation and demo
of the unit during Ubuntu Love Day:
http://www.new.facebook.com/album.php?aid=55516&l=33bd6&id=677221339

--
Jerome