[Olpc-philippines] Software for Talgalog-English-Visayan

Mike Greenwood rf3000 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 17 01:20:31 EDT 2008

Greetings!
Below is an email to developers generally.

The software referred to below could easily carry content authored in Filipino-English (or Visayan/English).

And I have a trilingual dictionary-phrasebook application that could carry English-Filipino-Dialect.

Anyone interested in partnering is welcome to contact me. I highly recommend that anyone so interested explore the features of the available dowmloads first.

Mike
------------------------------------

Subject: Revamping software for the XO To:devel at lists.laptop.org    [input]   [input]   [input]   [input]                                             Hello,

At http://geocities.com/qaqsoftware are trial package downloads for language learning software/phrasebook dictionaries . The exemplars are Spanish-English, French-English and Welsh-English - the latter financed by the Welsh Office of the British Government. Content editors allow any combination of languages using Roman alphabet and accented characters in the plain vanilla ASCII set.

The package was about to be adopted by BERLITZ for development in some 30 languages for language learners worldwide- but Maxwell's untimely demise put paid to that as Berlitz was sold to the Japanese who favored jazzy high eye-candy kit.

These are FORTH turnkey applications compiled into executables for MSDOS (including within Windows). NO graphics sound or video - text only. Operates from keys only- no mouse required.

I am encouraged, by reading of XO reviews/articles/postings to explore the possibilities of developing these packages for XO laptops. I'm semiretired and not really interested in a long solo haul up yet another learning curve

I therefore invite potential partners to look at the download stuff at http://geocities.com/qaqsoftware/ (there are Windows installers for the three language package exemplars) and contact me if interested.

Regards
Mike Greenwood

                Mike Greenwood, Bislig City, Surigao del Sur, Mindanao, Philippines
  Chairman and CEO of the development NGO rf3000
  Establish with funding from DfID of the British Government