[Olpc-philippines] Query from a non-profit in the Philippines

RBSugay at pbsp.org.ph RBSugay at pbsp.org.ph
Wed Dec 5 21:07:32 EST 2007

Dear OLPC Philippines team,

I work for a non-profit foundation in the Philippines called the
Philippine Business for Social Progress. IT in education is one of our
programs, and most certainly, the XO caught our attention. I commend the
individuals who make up OLPC Phil (Unang Liwanag) for your desire to help
the Filipino children.

I have worked out the basics about Negroponte's initiative and the XO.
What we would like now is to have a demo of the XO before a small group of
people leading our IT in education program. I am sure you have encountered
real operational challenges advocating XO to our DepEd, and we will
appreciate it if those can be shared with us.

Is this something that OLPC Phil can do for interested non-profits? Or are
you concentrating your work lobbying with Deped?

Appreciate your kind response.