[Olpc-open] Yum Repos for XO-4?

Veronica Brandt veronica at brandt.id.au
Wed Jan 27 22:24:28 EST 2021

Hi,
I bought five XO-4s a few years back from ebay and managed to get TeX
working on one. I wrote about it here:
https://www.brandt.id.au/post/cute-lil-green-alien-olpc-xo-4-laptops/
Just recently I went to install the updated OS, thinking I could follow
those instructions again, but yum doesn't seem to pick up the old
repositories at all.
Looking at the repos, some of the packages are still there, but not the
xml index files which yum looks for.
I can't email from the xo-4, so I have to type out the message

I tried "sudo yum install vim"

http://rpmdropbox.laptop.org/f18/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno 14]
curl#22 - "The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found"
Trying other mirror.
Error: failure: repodata/repomd.xml from olpc-f18: [Errno 256] No more
mirrors to try.
http://rpmdropbox.laptop.org/f18/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno 14]
curl#22 - "The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found"

I tried looking for other repos, but it looks like they've all closed
down.

Any hope for these machinces?

Veronica Brandt